Members: To activate the Back Up Support Network, please dial (585) 753-2694.
- Students, faculty, staff and parents intersect & interact to make a community. When tragedy enters our community at any point, we are affected. There are times where we are impacted and need assistance in our own healing and recovery in order to be of service to our community.
- At times of the biggest crisis or tragedy, it is likely that more than one building will be impacted. Even the largest districts with the greatest resources in numbers of responders may have their capacity exceeded.
- Responding at times of crisis is “easier” when one is step or two removed from being a direct community member.
- TIG responders have a knowledge-base and skill-set that aligns with your district’s practices which create fluidity and consistency in response.
- In the event of a district- or school-wide crisis, school districts can deploy and receive responders from both within and outside of the school in a coordinated and systematic manner through the Back Up Support Network.
- The Primary Contact from your school/district should contact the Back Up Support Line at (585) 753-2694.
- If the call is not answered immediately, please leave a message and you will receive a return call within a reasonable time frame.
- The TIG Coordinator or Back Up Support designee speak with the Primary Contact at the requesting school district to obtain information regarding the nature of the crisis.
- The TIG Coordinator or Back Up Support designee will call the Primary Contact of TIG schools/districts to relay the request for back up support and specific needs.
- The Primary Contact of the responding TIG school/districts will contact their school/district TIG team members to activate back up response.
- The Primary Contact of the responding TIG school/districts will call the TIG Coordinator or Back Up Support designee to provide information on the TIG team members that will be responding.
- Responding TIG team members will report to the given location to receive specific instructions.
Role of Primary Contact When Receiving a Request for Back Up Support
- Receives call from TIG Coordinator
- Facilitates the approval of staff release
- Contacts TIG Trained staff with request
- Contacts TIG Coordinator with information and details of responders
- Facilitates dissemination of information re: de-brief meetings, etc.
Role of TIG Responders When Receiving a Request for Back Up Support
- Receives call from Primary Contact
- Evaluates ability to respond
- Seeks any further approval/notification
- Reports as requested
- Provides information back to impacted district to facilitate continued